Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
General Help & How-To / Forward incoming email to mailing list
« Last post by scottscomp on September 20, 2016, 04:20:36 am »
I have some custom software that sends me an alert via email when something important happens (like a server goes down).

I want to be able to automatically redistribute that email to a list of email addresses maintained in ListMail.

There are lots of PHP scripts out there that let you pipe & parse an incoming email directly to a PHP script (to insert the email into a MySQL database, etc.) so this should be theoretically possible.

Has anyone done anything like this?

-Scott

Server Optimization, Tweaks / 1and1.com
« Last post by steve4 on September 13, 2016, 06:19:15 am »
Hi, saw a recommendation for the server 1nad1.com and was wondering if this was current and are they still recommended.

I am using servient at present and find all my hotmail and outlook addressed emails are not being delivered because an ip address associated with them is on their black list.

I have 5 sites and send out a dozen emails a day at present with the occasional blast of 10 to 40K emails and am looking for a good priced server that will ensure my emails are delivered.

Any other suggestions??
Thanks Steve
General Help & How-To / Re: Old Mails lost after Server-Migration
« Last post by BGSWebDesign on September 12, 2016, 07:38:33 am »
Hi Uwe,

I would think you did not move the content field properly in the lm_sent table (lm_sent->content) which is defined as Medium Text.  Check the collation type as well, make sure it is: utf8_general_ci , or the same you are coming from.

How did you do the migration?  I usually do this with MySQLDump on the command line, and then import via MySQL on the command line, NOT trying to do it through PHPMyAdmin or any similar type of program.  It's best to work with the raw data using dumped data from MySQL on the command line, and to import it on the command line.  It's also much faster to do it this way.

I can help you do this if you like, I can also tune your application to make it more efficient, and faster sending, and do much more.  Just contact me at my Contact page indicated (in my signature below).  My minimum charge is $40.

Let me know if you have any other questions?

General Help & How-To / Old Mails lost after Server-Migration
« Last post by uwe.stache on September 08, 2016, 07:31:10 am »
I succesfully migrated LM from one server to another, everythings fine, but: the contents of my old mails are lost. I can see them in the database, but i cannot see them in ListMail. I can see the list with the old mails, i can load the mails, i can see the subjects, but no content.
What is my mistake?
Best wishes from Germany
Uwe
Customization, Integration / SparkPost integration via TLS?
« Last post by BGSWebDesign on September 01, 2016, 07:56:05 am »
After all the posting about Amazon SES and the troubles getting it going (and keep it going), I've decided to try another Email provider: SparkPost. SparkPost allows 100,000 free emails every month, after that you pay at a price that is about double what it costs for Amazon SES, but if it works and some of the other issues are not there, it is worth it.

SparkPost allows SMTP connection for sending directly on it's: smtp.sparkpostmail.com server.  You use standard Auth Login ID, and Password.

The only catch is that SparkPost requires TLS support to make that connection, and I cannot get that to work properly in ListMailPRO.   I've tried updates to the Editconf.php file, just to see if I can connect to TLS on port 567, and every time I try, I get this error:
--
SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number in /home/mydomain/public_html/mail/editconf.php on line 1917
Could not say EHLO.

The SMTP server is not configured correctly. Check your settings.
---

Notice how it is always 'wrong version number', so I asked my host to configure me back to OpenSSL version 1.x, hoping that would solve the problem, it does not.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this running?  Has anyone ran LMP with SparkPost? 

General Help & How-To / Re: First Name 'undefined'
« Last post by BGSWebDesign on August 29, 2016, 09:16:50 pm »
Hi Steve,

I could help you with that, but it requires a trouble-shooting call, and work from my end. My minimum charge is $80.00, feel free to contact me directly on my Contact Us page at:
http://www.bgswebdesign.com/Contact-Us.php

I can also tune your LMP installation to make sure it is sending at the best possible rate, and working well for you.  I've done this with many clients, and I am comfortable working on
ListMailPRO in any type of server environment.

General Help & How-To / Re: SMTP with Amazon SES Problem
« Last post by BGSWebDesign on August 29, 2016, 09:13:15 pm »
Steve,

Amazon SES does allow all types of email, you can see that here:
https://aws.amazon.com/ses/faqs/

Where it says:
Amazon SES can reliably deliver merchandising, subscription, transactional, and notification email messages.

And in their AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) here:
https://aws.amazon.com/aup/

Maybe you misread this part about promotions, but the kind they do NOT allow are clearly indicated:
promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming)

I've had some issues with Amazon SES, that I've always been able to clear up, usually it's when I've sent to an older list (with bounce rates over 5%), etc...
I've been sending with Amazon SES for over 3 years and my Quota is at the highest you can go with over 1 M (1 million) emails/day maximum, so you can see
I am not experiencing problems sending through them.

Either way, if you mail responsibly and you keep your bounce rate down by doing better Email verification, such as using a service like:
http://www.bulkemailchecker.com/ or:
https://email-verify.my-addr.com/
you should be fine.

I think you may have misread their terms, or maybe confused their SMS (text message) terms which do say that you cannot send promotions, here:
https://aws.amazon.com/service-terms/

Which clearly do say you cannot use Amazon SNS, or SMS messages for
advertisements or promotions for commercial products, goods or services; or

Either way, I've been looking at others services which might fill in, and you might want to consider this, I've had a look at SparkPost which seems
to be very good at deliverability, and may not have as many issues with your sending, you can find out more at: 
https://www.sparkpost.com/

Good luck, let us know how it turns out for you...

General Help & How-To / Re: SMTP with Amazon SES Problem
« Last post by steve4 on August 24, 2016, 04:23:41 pm »
FYI. If anyone is interested Amazon SES is not very friendly if you run a commercial operation. I had my account suspended saying I didn't conform with their terms of service. When I looked back over them it says that you can't do any commercial or advertising mailing through it. If you are and it is working it might just be a matter of time or a few people marking your emails as spam until you are suspended as I was good for some months before it happened and they didn't want to look at reconsidering even though I follow all the rules and only mail people who sign up with unsubscribe links on all my mails.
General Help & How-To / First Name 'undefined'
« Last post by steve4 on August 24, 2016, 04:16:52 pm »
Can anyone tell me why when someone signs up to my list they get a first name of 'undefined' They obviously don't enter this themselves as its happening to everyone. Appreciate any light you can shine on it for me.

Thanks Steve
General Help & How-To / Re: Where can I get the latest version of Listmail
« Last post by BGSWebDesign on August 16, 2016, 06:42:03 am »
Hi Steve,

I just checked and I am running; MySQL Version    5.1.73-cll.   I've not run it on those higher versions of MySQL, and I've not had any clients running on that version either.

If you had it running fine on MySQL 5.5, I would consider dropping back to an earlier version of MySQL.  If you need someone to help with that transition, contact me at
my page (you can also call during normal business hours - please leave a message if I am unavailable and I will get back to you right away):
http://bgswebdesign.com/Contact-Us.php

I can help troubleshoot and fix, as well as tune your LMP installation, I've installed and tuned LMP installations on over 20 different hosts (all over the world, throughout Europe,
Asia, and the USA) so I am familiar with anything that needs to be done to tune your setup. My minimum charge is $80.00.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10