Author Topic: multi-list subscribe but don't want multiple opt-in emails!  (Read 6023 times)

terriz

• View Profile
OK, I've got multi-list subscribe working. The thing is, I only want them to have to click one email to confirm (double-opt in). So, I've set up one list for confirmation, the other is not.

However, if I do this, and they don't click the link in the one email they get, they end up subscribed to the other list without opting-in.

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Thanks,
Terri Z
www.Solo-E.com

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
multi-list subscribe but don't want multiple opt-in emails!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 07:48:46 pm »
In confirm.php, change this line:

Code: [Select]
mysql_query("update $utable set cnf = '1', ipaddr = '".addslashes($ipaddr)."' where id = '".addslashes($id)."'");
To:
Code: [Select]
mysql_query("update $utable set cnf = '1', ipaddr = '".addslashes($ipaddr)."' where email like '".addslashes($email)."'");
Please note that this must be re-done when you overwrite the confirm.php file next update.  I'll move this to the suggestions forum so I don't forget to consider it as a future feature/option.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

terriz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 09:57:11 am »
Hi Dean,

I put in the new line as you described, but I'm not seeing any change. Folks still get automatically subscribed to the list without the confirm, before they click the link in the confirm email.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Terri Z
www.Solo-E.com

terriz

• View Profile
another problem...
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 06:42:16 pm »
Also, the order in which you put the lists seems to matter. When I tried switching which list was "gating" (had the confirmation turned on), it was using the lowest-numbered list's message (even when it wasn't turned on). I've adjusted to get around that, but you might want to take another look at the multi-list subscribe to make sure it works in all scenarios.  :)

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 10:26:28 pm »
Right, I forgot about that.. the fix I suggested simply confirms the user on all lists when they click a single confirmation link.

For users to remain unconfirmed, the confirmation email/process would still need to be enabled on each list.  This means that multiple confirmation messages would be sent by default or one list would have no need for confirmation (as you are reporting).

I might be able to figure out a way to do this, possibly using ListMail's "signup-xtra.php" script that runs after signup, to set entries on lists with confirmation turned OFF to "unconfirmed".  I'll make a note to try to do something tomorrow.

Regards
Dean Wiebe

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 02:40:01 am »
Okay, I believe I have a hack that works for this.  Please contact me if you want it..  In retrospect, I could have probably added this feature to ListMail for everyone in the same amount of time...  :? :x ...always with the custom scripts! I love hacking things together...  :D

Regards
Dean Wiebe

jonisolis

• View Profile
confirms the user on all lists when they click a single link
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 07:38:27 am »
Hi Dean,

People could sign up for more than one list from one form?

>Okay, I believe I have a hack that works for this. Please contact me if you want it.. In retrospect, I could have probably added this feature to ListMail for everyone in the same amount of time...   ...always with the custom scripts! I love hacking things together...  

Did you add this to the lastest ListMail update?
If so, is there info on this in the help pages?

--Joni Solis

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 01:07:23 am »
Joni,

No, unfortunately this has not yet made it into the program.  I will put it back at the top of the list and consider how it might be incorporated right into ListMail.

Regards
Dean Wiebe