Author Topic: accepting duplicate email addresses  (Read 2024 times)

steve4

• View Profile
accepting duplicate email addresses
« on: October 11, 2007, 07:08:17 pm »
I want to create a list that existing subscribers can put their name and email address on without being rejected because there email address is already on another list. Is this possible?

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 05:17:09 am »
All duplicate checking occurs on a per-list basis, so you can simply create another list.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

steve4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 04:11:15 pm »
Thats easy Dean, :oops: , someone told me they couldn't do that and I assumed they were right........  thanks

steve4

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 11:53:45 pm »
One more question mate, I assume that when someone deletes their email address it is deleted from all lists and there is no way of giving them a selection of which lists they want to be removed from and which they want to stay on. Is that correct?

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 05:47:59 am »
Correct.  Users cannot currently choose which lists they are subscribed to.  While there is a "User Profile" script available in the customizations forum here it has not been expanded to include this feature.  If that expansion interests you post a reply to the thread and I will see what I can do.

By default users are removed from the "current list" only.  Therefore, if the user exists on other lists they may continue to receive email.  As of the latest available version (v1.87d) "Remove Link" message codes can be set up to remove users from multiple or all lists, giving you more control over your removals.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting