Author Topic: Need RCPT error notice  (Read 2493 times)

cindi

• View Profile
Need RCPT error notice
« on: May 14, 2004, 09:16:40 am »
My program has been running find for the longest time with no problems until recently, now I am getting the error below sometime during a sending and cannot resume the mailing until the first line in the qsend table gets deleted which I have to have my server host do because I cannot find this qsend table!!

1. where do I find such a table so I can delete the first line?

2. why is this happening now all of a sudden?

Connecting to SMTP server... Connected!

Delaying.. Please wait..
If your mailing stops for any reason, close the window or . Do NOT Refresh!

Sending Mail  of 7403..

Sending error. Check your mail settings.

Server said: 503 5.0.0 Need RCPT (recipient)

P.S. I did update the script hoping that would help but so far it has not helped.  :-/
Yahoo email is like shooting craps...something I prefer not to do!

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Need RCPT error notice
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 12:47:54 am »
This looks like a problem with a non-existant LOCAL address on your server.  The update was supposed to fix instances of this.

If you're still having troubles, you could remove the address by matching up the user ID from the queue table.

The following Custom MySQL command should do it (once you have obtained the ID from the lm_sendq table):

select * from lm_users where id = 'ID';

Replace ID with the ID you recovered.  After that, you can remove the user from within the program or with another custom command:

delete from lm_users where id = 'ID';
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

cindi

• View Profile
Need RCPT error notice
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 07:58:56 am »
The id number in the lm_sendq is a lot larger than id numbers in the lm_users so when doing a search for the id number it doesn't locate the number I put in.  What am I missing here?

cindi

• View Profile
Need RCPT error notice
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 08:00:07 am »
also, how do I know which address or user id is causing this error?  Is it automatically the first one listed in lm_sendq?

cindi

• View Profile
Need RCPT error notice
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 08:46:53 am »
Here is an example of the only way I know of to fix when this error occurs:

select * from lm_sendq limit 1;

output from that command:

+----------------------------------+--------+---------+-------+--------+-----+------+
| id                               | bat    | battype | mtype | uid    | mid | xtra |
+----------------------------------+--------+---------+-------+--------+-----+------+
| 604346a728bd63f014f5c53b3501bfc0 | f7361a | 1       | 1     | 102254 | 227 |      |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

next command:
delete from lm_sendq where id="604346a728bd63f014f5c53b3501bfc0";

However, this ID does not exist in the lm_users table so we are still not sure why it is occurring???????

Any help, fix or whatever would be greatly appreciated!

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Need RCPT error notice
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 08:50:05 am »
Sorry, you should match up the UID field from the lm_sendq table to the lm_users ID field.

Please re-download v1.77b from the members area and replace your admin.php with the new one.  I have added additional queue table information output upon error so you know exactly which row is causing the problem.
Dean Wiebe

cindi

• View Profile
Need RCPT error notice
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 06:52:59 am »
Thank you Dean.  Will give that a go and see what happens next time around.  I have to say, even though I had this problem recently I do love your script and work-it's great!

cindi

• View Profile
Need RCPT error notice
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 02:22:01 pm »
Once again I received this error today.  Here is the output since you added the error script that gives me more data to go by:

Queue Row: queueid=1ac3ff0876a99574aea6689eefa0859a msgtype=1 userid=82275 msgid=245 email=)

Server said:503 5.0.0 Need RCPT (recipient)

In doing a search in the lm_users list there is not userid for 82275
It appears that number is skipped.

Any other suggestions?  When this error happens I have to delete that line if I can find it before I can resume the email.

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Need RCPT error notice
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2004, 02:45:48 am »
Cindi,

A bug was found where this would happen if a user removed themselves from your list while they were in queue to receive an email.

Please download the newly updated (as of now) v1.77b files available from the members area.

An alternative to replacing your files could be to set the option "Keep removed users in database but don't mail" so that the removed users would receive the email in queue (but never be queued any further emails).
Dean Wiebe