Author Topic: Setting Up  (Read 2280 times)

brian2

• View Profile
Setting Up
« on: September 02, 2008, 03:07:36 am »
Hi,

I have just bought ListMail and I am also currently re-vamping mysite which is with a UK hoster not supported by ListMail.

Is it wise to move the whole site to a ListMail recommended hoster or can you have a new domain name, not really a site but solely for the purposes of hosting ListMail on a recommended hoster as well?

I also want to hook it up to a number of name squeeze landing pages with different domain names. Is this easy to do with html code for example?

Brian

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Setting Up
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 08:52:55 am »
Hi Brian,

Is it wise to move the whole site to a ListMail recommended hoster or can you have a new domain name, not really a site but solely for the purposes of hosting ListMail on a recommended hoster as well?

Either or would work.  You could move your entire site or register a new domain on a new host for use by ListMail.  It may even be possible to have your current host (or registrar, wherever your nameservers point to) set up a DNS "A" record pointing a subdomain such as listmail.example.com to a new IP given by a new host.  This would allow you to have two hosts with one domain name.

Having your site and ListMail hosted separately is not a problem. It all depends on where your signup form "ACTION" points.  (Check out the ListMail "List Settings" -> "Signup Code" page.) It can point to another domain entirely.
I also want to hook it up to a number of name squeeze landing pages with different domain names. Is this easy to do with html code for example?

Yes, your squeeze pages can all point to different lists by changing a simple HTML signup form variable (the "list" variable).  Depending on what you want the user to see after signup, you can set up additional sets of "Custom HTML" pages for use on one or more lists.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting