Author Topic: When users are added to a list also add them another list...  (Read 3648 times)

lambertb

• View Profile
I've had LMPro for 3 months and it's working flawlessly!  It's kind of scary actually....I keep logging in to make sure it's supposed to and it IS doing what it's supposed to :)

I have LMPro integrated with Amember.  When a person joins as a member, they get added to the correct list in LMPRo.  Most of the lists have an autoresponder series set up and LMPRo detects these and kicks them off via daily mail with no problem.

My question is....

When all these members join their respective memberships (and hence their respective LMPro lists),  I would like to add them to a "master" newsletter now.  I have it set up as list 35 in LMPRo and when they subscribe via the subscription form, I DO HAVE the "When users are added to this list also add them to the following list(s):"  checked with 35 in the box and that works like a champ....

How can I have the inserted people (inserted via amember in real time) get added to list 35?  Selected this from inside amember isn't an option...I  cannot make them get inserted into list 35...they have to stay inserted into their respective membership lists.  However, daily mail appears to not be "smart" enough to know an email was directly inserted into a list (i.e, list 7) and copy it into list 35.

If I cannot make them all go into 35 some how, I am going to have to send my master email out by querying all 35 lists and sending out that way (which I think LMPro can handle, but I'm nervous having that many duplicates running around)

Thanks!!

mr.trevor

• View Profile
When users are added to a list also add them another list...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 09:10:49 am »
Hi... until someone answers this properly and if it helps... in user selection there is a tick box to not send duplicates...  :wink:
TrevorW

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 10:28:28 am »
I suppose a new option could be created to "Process List 'Additional Options' before dailymail'.  In case of adding users to other lists, which is what you want, any user not already active or removed on the target lists could be added.  I'll have to accept this one as a suggestion for now.

You may want to try User Selection.  You may not even need a "master" list... If you are sending to all on your aMember list why not simply add that list to your selection?

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

lambertb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 11:11:34 am »
Thanks,

Yes, I currently use user selection.  I had 35 lists in user selection combining into 1 master list.  I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that this was:
1) slowing down the mailing
2) making it more difficult to remove people when they wanted to be removed (I have had problems with multiple removals off of lists by both clicking the links and the forms)

I also have a problem when I pull out the list....I end up with a lot more duplicates than I would like. though, this was the reason for my posting, I am now thinking I won't do this that often.  We just launched a new service, and I had to pull evertyhing out to move them to another program.  I saw some instances where I had 9 or 10 emails on the list.  I had to buy a "de duping" program to get it straightened out.

I re-engineered the process to get teh 35 lists in user selection down to 15.    I also saw in the new upgrade about the new "multiple remove" processing in forms.  I am going to test that out.

Thanks!

BGSWebDesign

• View Profile
    • http://www.bgswebdesign.com
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 01:00:18 pm »
Hi Lambert,

daily mail appears to not be "smart" enough to know an email was directly inserted into a list (i.e, list 7) and copy it into list 35

This is easy, what you do is write it into .procmail.rc (if you're using that, otherwise use what is available) to call a script WHEN an email is received, then what you do is have amember EMAIL a specific email box you setup for this (ie list7andothers@blahblah.com).    When the email hits that box, it triggers the script, the script automatically adds the users to as many lists as you want - problem solved!

Good luck, let me know how that works, or what you end up with, you spoke before about using Amember and Joomla, etc... I'm deep into that now, considering Amember with Moodle - only because I can get full automation into Moodle for signup/and deactivating subscriptions that I can NOT get with Joomla (community builder does NOT do it - as you mentioned before, and nothing else will do what I need except for community builder)....

Let us know what you use - details please  :idea:
Thanks,
-Brett
http://www.bgswebdesign.com/Contact-Us.php

*** I do custom List Mail Pro installations ***
Contact me through my website (above)