Author Topic: At work on v1.86  (Read 4360 times)

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
At work on v1.86
« on: March 02, 2006, 04:24:26 pm »
An update isn't too far off! :)

I've posted a new announcement and will be sending out a member email soon.

v1.85 update is stable
The v1.85 release has had no reported issues for a couple months now and is considered stable. It has been made the main download available in the member area.

Working on more features
While I've been quiet the last while working on the new site, managing servers, and learning about search engine optimization, I have a secret. I'm working on ListMail again! :D It's been awhile and I feel I owe you guys a well-rounded update. I've added many new features over the last couple weeks and am improving them even further before I continue to implement several more. You can keep track of my progress here - this page is automatically updated as I modify the Changes.txt file in my working files. ;)

I'm going through everything deciding what and what not to put in for the benefit of ALL ListMail owners. I may issue a test release when I've finished another few features, so look out for it!

Thanks again for becoming an owner of ListMailPRO!

Regards!
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

BGSWebDesign

• View Profile
    • http://www.bgswebdesign.com
At work on v1.86
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 07:28:03 am »
Hi DW,

Great!

I'm really looking forward to many of these new features, especially ones such as these:

- added ability to add, name, save, load, and edit entire sets of followups
- added ability to schedule application of followup sets
- added 'loop followups' list option to automatically restart users at end of sequence to first followup
- added 'reset+load saved followup set when x% users are at end of sequence' list option

Still wondering, WHEN will you create a POLL that asks us users what is requested for future updates?   Also, are you saying that the next release will NOT include anything other than what is on the changes page?  That is what I hope, than when you release that version we can look forward to what you are working on next - still we are ALL in the dark on this, and would appreciate knowing what's coming up?

As I've mentioned before, I'd really, really like to see DETAILED Click Tracking abilities tied to the mailings, and SPLIT-Tested Mailings, that would be incredible, though I don't even know if it's on your radar at the moment?
Thanks,
-Brett
http://www.bgswebdesign.com/Contact-Us.php

*** I do custom List Mail Pro installations ***
Contact me through my website (above)

don1

• View Profile
At work on v1.86
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 03:47:34 pm »
Dean,

This program just keeps getting better and better and making my life much easier.

There are quite a few new additions you posted that I will benefit from :-) .

One suggestion that I might add:
- added 'loop followups' list option to automatically restart users at end of sequence to first followup

Can there be an option to start the user at a "selected" followup instead of just the first.  Because in most of my lists the first few followup messages relate to the fact that the users are "new" or just starting a process etc...  and it would be nice if they could start the loop at a different starting point other than just the beginning.  
Did I make this clear?

One more question or suggestion...Is there a way to "flag" an email address so that it cannot be added, or that the admin will receive a message displaying the fact that it has been flagged to "stay removed".  

I have lists where I get my email address's from different sources and sometimes "after" someone has asked to be removed they are again added because I have received their email from another source.  Obviously I do NOT want to be sending email to these people again...

Again, thanks for all your hard work and support.

Don

don1

• View Profile
At work on v1.86
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 08:18:11 am »
Hi Dean,

I've added many new features over the last couple weeks and am improving them even further before I continue to implement several more. You can keep track of my progress here - this page is automatically updated as I modify the Changes.txt file in my working files.  

Just so your clients can easily view which version they are currently using and follow the progress of ListMail...Can you distinguish each and every version of ListMail with a different version "number" such as 1.85.01, 1.85.02 etc...

A more detailed "Version History" would be very helpful!

Thanks,

Don

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
At work on v1.86
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 11:01:13 am »
Yes, all changes will now result in a version number increase of some sort - I haven't quite got a system down for it... I'll probably just increase it by .01 or .02 each release from here on in unless there are major changes.  I've dealt with the problem of 'subsequent updates' where there are fixes but no database changes.  A new "file version" variable can be found in admin.php.  This variable is used for display on the Config page to accurately represent your version of the files.  When very minor updates are made it may be more convenient to do as you say and add an additional number - I will keep this in mind when issuing updates in the future.

Regards
Dean Wiebe

don1

• View Profile
At work on v1.86
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 11:29:47 am »
Thanks!

~Don

BGSWebDesign

• View Profile
    • http://www.bgswebdesign.com
At work on v1.86
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 05:08:28 am »
DW,

When will the next version be released?  I keep hearing you speak of it for weeks????

This is where my concern comes from...  we hear about the 'next release', then weeks, sometimes months later - we get it?
Thanks,
-Brett
http://www.bgswebdesign.com/Contact-Us.php

*** I do custom List Mail Pro installations ***
Contact me through my website (above)

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
At work on v1.86
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 05:44:23 am »
The reason is that there are so many features that I would love to get in this release but I've been very busy.  I was planning to put in a few more simple ones then release.. To heck with it, I guess, because you are absolutely right.   I'll finalize 1.86 and get it out in 1-2 days - hang in there.

DW
Dean Wiebe

don1

• View Profile
At work on v1.86
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 09:41:39 am »
GREAT news Dean!  You gotta love it...

I honestly think this is the best approach for you to take...less time between releases... not only for yourself but for your customers...everybody wins.  

Thanks again!

~Don

mr.trevor

• View Profile
At work on v1.86
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 12:26:42 pm »
I trust DW will always make the best decisions regarding releases etc.. That is one reason I purchased ListMail over other less personal systems.
DW consistently listens to his customers who are more like friends on this forum.
Smaller changes between updates also reduces the chance of multiple bugs which can always slip into any change made.
The update method has proved to be quite simple and should not pose much of a problem for even the less technical user.
With the versions and bug fixes easily identified it should not cause any confusion concerning actual version being used.
I look forward to seeing just what goodies DW has for us this time.
TrevorW