Author Topic: back ups - Mac download issue  (Read 3603 times)

PaulCosmic

back ups - Mac download issue
« on: April 25, 2013, 07:46:16 am »
Hi

I have been downloading back up files from the back up and restore section but I've just looked at the content of the file and none of the followups are there. I searched in the file for the term lm_follow and it was not there. It seems the file is incomplete.

Any idea why this might be? Is there a size limit?

Regards
Paul
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:40:51 pm by DW »

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Re: back ups
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 12:17:04 pm »
Hi Paul,

I can't think of anything except perhaps a server timeout issue, which should only occur with a certain server configuration and a very large database.

Is any other data or table missing?

I could investigate with the appropriate access, i.e. ListMail and FTP.  You can find an email address at the bottom of the Support page where I can be reached.

I am working on a new support system and will soon be more responsive. :)
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Re: back ups
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 02:57:42 pm »
Hi Paul,

I had a look at your backup file and found the lm_follow table and data in there.

Perhaps your text editor is having trouble loading the whole ~30MB uncompressed file, or you need to wait a little longer for the file to load completely.

Regards

---
Update: Cause/Solution/Potential issue for Mac users

What is happening is when I click on the file to download it from the admin panel, my Mac unzips the file for me and drops the contents in my downloads folder. That file is clearly not complete as it is only 3mb. When I download the file via ftp and unzip it myself the file is 30mb.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:41:15 pm by DW »
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting