Author Topic: Checkbox to bulk delete subscribers; captcha feature?  (Read 2593 times)

Kino

• View Profile
Checkbox to bulk delete subscribers; captcha feature?
« on: January 06, 2007, 07:59:02 am »
I've got a couple of lists that are getting bombed by spambots via a signup form script. As a result I've got a few dozen unwanted @mail.ru, blah@hotmail.com subcribers I'd like to blow away.

Removing emails from a list is tedious, as you have to click one at a time and confirm each time. A check box beside the address with a delete button would help this.

In the meantime, Dean, can you suggest a way to help me with this "bulk delete"?

Anyone figured out how to add a captcha feature to LM's email signup form to prevent spam signups?

Thanks.

K

ColinHa

• View Profile
Captcha
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 02:10:07 am »
:)  Hi Kino

I too am looking into this.

The besy captcha I have found is at

http://www.puremango.co.uk/cm_php_captcha_script_113.php

but I have not worked it into the system yet

Colin

edwpro

• View Profile
    • http://www.247wow.com
Are you looking for something like this?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 11:02:37 am »
Are you looking for something like this?

Click Here

I through this together rather quickly.  Go through the steps, You can ALWAYS unsubscribe.

If you are interested, I'll get back to you.  Give me at least 12 hours or less though.

Check It Out.

Greg

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Checkbox to bulk delete subscribers; captcha feature?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 04:03:20 am »
Checkboxes are coming - for now the easiest way to bulk delete is with a custom MySQL query... Are you familiar with PhpMyAdmin?  You could remove based on email, etc.

ie:
Code: [Select]
DELETE FROM lm_users WHERE email LIKE '%@example.com'
Of course you wouldn't want to delete ALL addresses @mail.ru or @hotmail.com so this may not be optimal.  I recommend deleting one-by-one, clicking "Delete" then pressing "Enter" to get past the confirmation.

ListMail has a "signup-xtra.php" script that can be copied from the /xtra folder to the mail folder to run after signup.

You could use some code like this to check your CAPTCHA result...

session_start();
if($_SESSION['validator'] <> $_POST['userentered']){
 // delete recent signup....
 mysql_query("delete from $utable where uid = '$uid';")...
}

Of course this is very inelegant and is very likely to mess up your Custom HTML...  I must recommend hacking signup.php directly for this.... do the same test as above near the top after the "config.php" and "admin.php" includes, then simply exit('Invalid security code...'); or redirect with JavaScript...

The user will have to re-enter all of their information unless you go "Back"...
if(!$validated){
 echo "<a href=# onclick=\"history.go(-1);\">Invalid security code - Click Here to go back!</a>";
 exit;
}

This isn't an easy one to customize... :?
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting