Author Topic: Cron Set Up, But DailyMail Not Running  (Read 2439 times)

jennifer

• View Profile
Cron Set Up, But DailyMail Not Running
« on: November 17, 2004, 09:17:50 pm »
Hi,
I set up a cron task to run my dailymail, and I am sure it's set up correctly because I had my host tech support walk me through it.  But dailymail is still not running.  Am I missing a step??
Thanks in advance!

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 03:50:11 pm »
Well, the first thing I would say (don't hit me) is double-check that your cron task is set to run every day and that the command, including your Dailymail Password from ListMail, is correct.

Secondly, how do you know it's not running?  Do you have followups or scheduled messages that aren't going out?

If not, make sure that "Send report to admin when dailymail runs" is turned on and that your Administrator Email is your main email account.

If you receive the dailymail report you will know it's running.

On some hosts your administrator will need to verify that the program /usr/bin/wget is available.  If it's not, it could be in a different directory which would need to be reflected in your cron task.  More rare, "user permissions" on the wget program might need to be updated by your host.
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

jennifer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 06:08:30 pm »
I AM going to hit you, Dean!   :lol:

I did have follow ups scheduled that weren't sending.  Turned out the the wget file was in /usr/local/bin/wget instead of /usr/bin/wget.  I just got the dailymail report and a follow up to a test address.

Thanks for the help!

jeff6

Related??? Why would followups STOP working?
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 12:05:48 pm »
I have several installations of the program on my server.  All seem to be running fine but one.  We never tested follow-ups...but now want to use them.  But...they don't work at the moment.

I'll look at the wget file...but again, it's working on all other sites from the original install...same server...same configuration.

Any thoughts on this one?

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 10:35:57 pm »
If installing on the same server / configuration and it works on other sites it should work on this one.  I would double-check that the cron task is correct including timing, the URL, and Dailymail password (in both the task and ListMail).
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting