Author Topic: Dailymail Problem - Some of my emails or left in the queue  (Read 2680 times)

don1

• View Profile
Dailymail Problem - Some of my emails or left in the queue
« on: July 12, 2004, 01:17:07 pm »
Hello,

I have been having problems with my Dailymail.  When I log into "Listmail"  I get the following message:

Attention: You have items in the outgoing queue. Some mailings may be in progress.

Type: Dailymail
Subject:  N/A

I then hit the "resume" button and I get the error:

Sending error. Check your mail settings.

Server said: 554 Error: no valid recipients.

There is a "Go To Config"  button, so I click on that.  When I get to the "General Configuration", everything looks correct.

I have already tried sending an instant email (send mail) to my main list...and everything works fine and all the emails are sent.

Any ideas what is going wrong?  It makes me very nervous that my clients are not recieving my emails.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Don

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 02:30:42 am »
Does this happen every day?  It's possible the dailymail event was running at the time you logged in.  If it happens all the time then this is likely not the case.  An address, or server response, could be causing confusion with ListMail's SMTP commands.
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

don1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 12:23:37 pm »
No,  this does not happen in any regular manner.  

I run dailymail at 8:15am and I have checked it through out the day.  When the problem does occur it seems to just hang all day long and will not let me resume and send the queued messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help

don1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 06:57:24 pm »
I think my problem is due to a bad email address.  How do I find out where the bad email is?  Is there a file I can open and determine this.

Can you add this to an upcoming version...

When you receive the error:  "Dailymail Problem - Some of my emails or left in the queue"  or similar errors..hopefully the program can tell you where the problem is...

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 05:11:44 am »
If the problem is due to a bad email address you should have the same troubles when doing a "Send Email" to your list.  Do you ever have any troubles then?

The problem could also be due to server load on either the mail or MySQL services.
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

don1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 10:43:17 am »
I did a "Send Email" to the list where I thought the problem was and I received the same error and most of the emails were left in the queue.

So maybe I'm right and there is a bad email address.  Is there a way to find where the database stops?...I need to figure this out soooon!