Author Topic: Do I have to keep the browser open when sending?  (Read 1817 times)

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Do I have to keep the browser open when sending?
« on: July 19, 2005, 07:01:54 am »
Quote from: "Tom"
> I'm sending a pack of emails and my server has some limitations therefore it
> takes a long time. Do I have to keep the browser opened and the computer turned
> on?
>
> What if I clicked on Send it!, then the information of sending shows and then I
> turn the computer off. Will it stop then?
>
>
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.
>
>
>
> Kindest regards,
>
> Tom

ListMail currently does require that you leave your browser open while sending email to the server.  It is recommended that you do not use a host with limitations on outgoing email.  DreamHost will let you send up to around 20,000 emails in one shot.  On a capable host, and once sent to the server using SMTP, you can turn off your computer, but not before it's done...  I'm working on a 'background sending' feature to prevent this requirement.

If your dailymail is set up and running, you might schedule your email for automatic sending next dailymail which prevents you needing to have your computer on and browsing to a ListMail page.  If you don't have followups, you could even set it to run more than once per day (To be safe, not more than once every couple hours, though) so your email goes out more frequently.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting