Author Topic: Cannot Backup Database--Get this Error Message--HELP??  (Read 2009 times)

naturedoc

• View Profile
Cannot Backup Database--Get this Error Message--HELP??
« on: September 30, 2004, 08:51:10 am »
Hi:

When I try to backup my database, I get the following message:

Error: Path to MySQL could not be detected. Manually set the path to the MySQL binaries in config.php

Can someone please explain to me in first-grade language what "Manually set the path to the MySQL binaries in config.php" means and how I do it?

What are "MySQL binaries?"

I urgently need to run a backup so that I can move ListMailPro to a new host.

When I go into config.php, I see the following, which comes after the MySQL path/password info, etc. that Dean set up for me a long time ago--and which worked last time I ran a back-up--about 16 months ago:

// SAVE this file, UPLOAD all of the files, and http:// to the dir you uploaded to.

// These options are rarely needed but are available if problems occur

// for problems with backup / restore.
// $sqlpath = "/usr/bin/mysql/";
// $sqlpath = "/usr/local/bin/mysql/";
// $sqlpath = "/usr/local/mysql/bin/";
// $sqlpath = "/usr/local/psa/mysql/bin/";

Should I simply remove the forward slashes before those lines?

Do I replace 'usr' with my MySQL username?

And, if so, do I leave alone /bin? and the other stuff? Or are each of those calling for me to input some unique info as well?

And if I remove those slashes, do I leave the earlier path and username information?

Any programming types out there who can advise me?

Thanks very much.

ken winston caine

chufford

• View Profile
Cannot Backup Database--Get this Error Message--HELP??
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 11:57:49 am »
I had the same problems a few months ago. It seems that ListMail 1.77B tries to detect where you MySQL program sits on your server - but it doesn't detect it correctly. If you don't know the path of your MySQL then I suggest trial and error with the lines that are commented out:
// $sqlpath = "/usr/bin/mysql/";
// $sqlpath = "/usr/local/bin/mysql/";
// $sqlpath = "/usr/local/mysql/bin/";
// $sqlpath = "/usr/local/psa/mysql/bin/";

One by one, remove the // and try backing up. If it works, you found it. If not, put the // back and take the // away from the next line. If none work, then we need a different approach.
Chris Hufford

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Backup issues
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 12:15:58 pm »
If/when you get the process to work by setting the path manually please verify that all of your ListMail tables are in the created backup file.  Once downloaded, open the file in a text editor that can handle the file.  Using the "Find" command you should see 12 lines that start with:

CREATE table

Some hosts are known to have problems where tables are omitted, leaving less than 12 and a partial installation once restored.  The issue can be avoided by using a 3rd party program to export your ListMail tables and data (PhpMyAdmin).

This will be fixed in a near future update - I apologize for the confusion and frustration.
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting