Author Topic: Help - Data from Database Gone  (Read 1692 times)

steve

• View Profile
Help - Data from Database Gone
« on: April 19, 2006, 01:04:38 pm »
Dean,
I'm going to take a closer look at this when I get home, but it looks like all of the information from the lm_user table is gone. When I look a the database content it is showing- rows=null, type= null and 0 bytes.

Not sure what happened or when, but I just wanted to check with you before I try to recover the data. I do have a recent backup.

Everything else seems in place.

Do you have a suggestion as to how to proceed? I need to work on this tonight and will start in about two hours or so. I'm running 1.84 and after I fix the issue, I'll upgrade to 1.85.

Let me know what you think.

Steve

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 08:28:15 pm »
What you should do first is try a manual MySQL query:

"REPAIR TABLE lm_users"

This can be done with the common tool PhpMyAdmin.  Do you know how to run this command?

If not, are you hosted with me?  If you are email me and I'll check into it.  Otherwise, if you still can't get it, submit your information here and I'll try a repair.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

steve

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 03:51:30 am »
Dean,
Thanks for the tip on the restore table command. I just ended up using a full backup from a couple of weeks ago.

All seems fine. I did not get any sign ups since then - primarily since my register.htm page still had an IP address in there instead of a domain name. They changed my IP address a couple of weeks ago  :roll: and I thought I made all the changes but I missed that one.

I may have another issue with bounces (I'm using the standard e-mail bounce with a cron job) but if I can't figure that out, I'll start another thread.