Author Topic: Help with Sending Error (Tuesday at 6 p.m. ET)  (Read 2032 times)

steve

• View Profile
Help with Sending Error (Tuesday at 6 p.m. ET)
« on: April 26, 2005, 03:05:49 pm »
Dean,
I'm only sending out to a list of about 900 and I got the following error:

Sending error. Check your mail settings.
Server said:
RCPT TO: <paul@scubashackct.com>
550 5.1.1 ... User unknown
550 5.1.1 ... User unknown

Sure enough, this e-mail address has the same domain from where this e-mail is being sent and the account does not exist. The mail queue just stopped with this message and did not continue.

I went to the config page and it shows there are 613 messages left. For the heck of it I went to the list and deleted that address from the list.

I was afraid to resume, but I tried it since it did not seem to be moving along and staying at 613 messages left - clicked on config button to refresh that page.

Hit resume and I got the SAME error again. Still at 613 messages left.

What to do?????

Steve

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 03:26:34 pm »
Steve,

Are you on the latest files [v1.8] available from the members area?  This issue should be fixed and the user automatically skipped.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

steve

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 04:06:13 pm »
I thought I was on the most current version. Within the past three weeks or so.

What should I do?

steve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 04:07:51 pm »
It just says the version is 1.8. I guess I could cancel it and start over, but then I'm sending dups to more than 250 recipients.

steve

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 04:38:18 pm »
Went and grabbed the 1.8 version that is on the site. Uploaded the new files. Logged back into ListMail and it did not give one of those "Upgrade Dectected" messages.

Note was still there that there was an e-mail in queue with 619 messages left. Resumed.

It seems to be working now.

In the change log can we please have a more specific version number - like 1.8.01, 1.8.02 for the minor changes? I know I was on version 1.8, just not sure which version 1.8.

I only send a maximum of three e-mails per month, each with under 5000 members so I'm not always on top of the upgrades.

Can we get an e-mail when all minor and major changes/fixes/updates happen? I know someone who writes a pretty good PHP application that would take care of this for you  :lol:

mr.trevor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 05:07:18 pm »
Thats pretty cool that you can do an upgrade half way through sending your list out. Windows sometimes crashes if I move my mouse too much.
Nice one DW.
TrevorW

steve

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 05:11:56 pm »
Blew me away when it worked too.

Too bad that one of the recipents had an autoresponder and so did I - hope he did not get a similar number of 700 some-odd "out of office" replies I got from him  :shock: