Author Topic: I am receiving 3 Dailymail reports each day!!  (Read 1955 times)

don1

• View Profile
I am receiving 3 Dailymail reports each day!!
« on: January 13, 2005, 08:22:06 am »
Hello,

This just started yesterday.  I started receiving 3 Dailymail reports and all of them had different results but each had been run (timestamped) at the same time.  Does this mean that my Dailymail is going out 3 times?

How or why would this start happening.  I monitor my Dailymail report everyday and this just started happening yesterday...I have not made any changes in any files other than adding a few names to one database.

Any suggestions?  I need to get this resolved ASAP!   I do not want to look like "spam" to my clients...  Thanks.

Don

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 01:46:43 am »
Something must have happened at your host.  Perhaps their clock was out of sync and they fixed it.  Though I am not sure, this could result in dailymail running twice.

I don't see why it would run 3 times, though.  Perhaps your host was checking out your cron task and visited the URL to see what page it loads..  

If you have access to your cron task you might want to change the password.  You'll need to update the Dailymail Password in ListMail as well.

I recommend that you let your host know about your experience and see if they have any clues.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

don1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 11:58:11 am »
Today it did it again and that makes day 4, which results in a total of 12 Dailymails going out.

I tried replacing all of the files again last night (v1.77b release) but that obviously did not help, and I really did not think it would help but I was trying anything.

I just changed my password in the cron task and in my Dailymail.

I will try talking or emailing my host but could you please tell me what I should actually be asking them.  If you were talking to them, what would you say or ask?...I just want to make sure I explain myself correctly.  I need to resolve this issue.

Thanks for your help.

Don

don1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 12:05:43 pm »
Dean,

I just went to my host's forum and did a search for "cron" and found that other people are having the exact same problem, so it is definitely the fault of my host...thanks for your help!   :-)

Now I will just  follow up with them and hopefully get this resolved soon.

Thanks again,

Don

don1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 12:22:35 pm »
One more question...

Is there a way to "pause" Listmail globally?  I do not want to send out emails until this issue is resolved.  I also do not want to advance anyone in my database meaning I want to "pause" my clients place in the users sequence and delay.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for any help.

Don

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 06:42:10 pm »
I'm glad you have some clues as to what might be going on.  You can "pause" dailymail simply by changing the password in ListMail.  If the password does not match the cron task, dailymail will not run.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting