Author Topic: Manually Send a specific list message to the user database  (Read 2063 times)

chief

• View Profile
Manually Send a specific list message to the user database
« on: February 13, 2008, 07:47:09 am »
I have an installation of ListMail Pro (LMP) in which I have 3 user lists, list 1,2,3. I have 27, 18 and 36  followup messages for each list respectively

I want to send the next scheduled message (message #14) to List #2.

How do I do that? And have the user database automatically advance to the next message (#15)  to send accordingly to the delay for that message.

I have looked at Dailymail and ran it but it appeared not to have the function to select which of the three lists to run. I ran it an it did in fact only run list #1. I want to run List #2 - how do I do that?

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 03:53:52 am »
Greetings,

You currently cannot run Dailymail on one list at a time.   It should process all followups on all lists.  Could it have been that the users on the other lists had "Delay" values larger than 0?  If so, they would be skipped until the value reaches 0 however many dailymails later.  When dailymail runs and the delay is 0 the followup (if any and user is not at end of sequence) is sent.
I want to send the next scheduled message (message #14) to List #2.

Are you sure -all- of the users on list 2 are set to receive this message?  Followup timing starts from the day the user subscribes, so it's normal for each user to be at a different stage in the sequence.

If the users are not set to receive the desired message (They should have a "Seq" value of 14) would you want to update all users to be on that message?  If so, this would take a custom database query I can assist with.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

chief

• View Profile
processes for Dailymail
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 07:19:41 am »
So if I understand this correctly. When Daily mail is run, it sends messages to all users on all lists that have a Delay of 0 - correct?

Let's say I run Dailymail, then I check the users and find that some are at various levels of Delay, i.e. 1,2,3 - no 0 as I just ran Dailymail and any 0's would have been sent the message and those users would be advanced to the next follow messag number - right?

So after I run Dailymail the first time the Delay will decrement to 0,1,2 from what it was before (above) - right?

So I run Dailymail again and LMP will send followups to all the Delay 0 and 1,2 will become 0,1 - right?

Please let me know if I undersand this correctly?
Thanks

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 11:26:24 am »
Greetings,
Let's say I run Dailymail, then I check the users and find that some are at various levels of Delay, i.e. 1,2,3 - no 0 as I just ran Dailymail and any 0's would have been sent the message and those users would be advanced to the next follow messag number - right?

This is mostly correct, but there could in fact be 0's if some users had a delay of 1 before dailymail ran.
So after I run Dailymail the first time the Delay will decrement to 0,1,2 from what it was before (above) - right?

The order would be 2,1,0 but I think you have the right idea, yes.
So I run Dailymail again and LMP will send followups to all the Delay 0 and 1,2 will become 0,1 - right?

Yes, that's right.

Here's the followups help page:
http://www.listmailpro.com/help/followups.html

Please let me know if you have any more questions!  (For a new topic please start a new post)

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting