Author Topic: Question on Attachment and SSH problem  (Read 1792 times)

bhl007

• View Profile
Question on Attachment and SSH problem
« on: December 04, 2004, 06:18:37 am »
At Follow up, i can successfully upload attachment, but when click on "set attachments", it seems nothing happened.

And at the Welcome Email and confirmation email , there also have the add attachment icon, but when i click on it, it seems nothing happen with the icon.

I already setup the daily mail cron, and now have a question.

Do i also need to Set up the cron task with shell access? what is this?

What can i do?

Thanks.

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 10:58:42 pm »
Are you using FireFox?  There are some known issues, particularily problems with buttons, with FireFox due to the (incorrect) way I have used JavaScript.  This is known and will be fixed.  If you want to try to fix it yourself I believe you need to replace "<script>" with "<script language=JavaScript>" in the ListMail files.

To manually set up files for attachment, upload them to the ListMail/attach/ sub-folder on your host.  Then, simply type in the filename into the Attachments text box.  Multiple filenames can be separated with a comma, ie:
"file1.txt,file2.txt".

Some hosts require shell access to set up the scheduled cron task.  On others, it can be done via your hosting control panel.  Some hosts don't support it at all.  If you don't see cron in your control panel I highly recommend that you contact your host and ask them if they support cron and where you can enter your tasks.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

bhl007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 05:11:14 pm »
thanks. i try to use IE, and it work well for the attachment function. Awaiting your next version that more user friendly to firefox  :wink:

btw, i still not understand this:

I already setup the daily mail cron,

Do i still need to Set up the cron task with shell access (as in your tutorial, there is this step)?

THanks.

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 06:48:14 am »
If you suspect you have set up the cron task already then you should not need to set it up with shell access.  This entry exists in the help for people whose hosts do not offer cron from the control panel.
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting