Author Topic: Send E-Mail from E-Mail Client to List  (Read 1393 times)

steve

• View Profile
Send E-Mail from E-Mail Client to List
« on: August 12, 2005, 07:39:16 pm »
I understand that this may be dangerous, but I have a client that will be interested in sending an e-mail to a small list (under 250) on a routine basis, but he would not want to log into ListMail and deal with sending the list from there.

He'd like to be able to send an e-mail to one address (hidden/private of course), and have ListMail send (forward) that e-mail to the people on the list.

His e-mails generally consist of about three text lines - really basic stuff. He has a "special" group that signs up for these "no-frills" e-mails.

Of course we'd use ListMail for the full HTML newsletter e-mails as normal.

Dean, is this possible?

Steve

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 12:06:37 am »
This would be possible with some extensive custom scripting, but currently is not a feature.  As you mentioned, it might be 'dangerous'.  I would prefer to spend considerable time investigating just what could go wrong with such a feature... I will be working on the next major update over the next week or so - unfortunately I won't have a chance to work on this for a while (and will likely require some compensation). :(

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

steve

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 11:58:34 am »
Can you let me know what something like this would cost to develop? I'm trying to find the best way to do this other than pulling the list from ListMail Pro on a regular basis and updating an outside.

As an other option, can anyone suggest an application that will allow me to upload the data from the ListMail export (CSV file) easily. Then my client could just send an e-mail to hidden_list22746494e@domain.com and the e-mail would be forwarded to the users on the list?

I would want the ability to change the "hidden" e-mail address quickly if the client sends to the list using the To: or CC: fields instead of the BCC: field.