Author Topic: Sending a test email to just 100 people in my list.  (Read 1692 times)

steve4

• View Profile
Sending a test email to just 100 people in my list.
« on: August 12, 2006, 05:42:27 am »
Hi Is it possible to quickly send a test email to just 100 people in one of my lists by making up a new list with them. The only way I can see of doing it is to save them into a new list one by one. If someone could give me some simple instructions on how to do it I would really appreciate it,
Thanks
Steve

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 03:17:09 pm »
Hi Steve,

Unfortunately this is not possible.  All you can really do is Export the list, cut all but the top 100 lines, resave, and then Import the file to a new test list.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

mr.trevor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 10:21:10 am »
Hi DW,
In USER SELECTION, I am unsure what the DateAdd selection is.
If it selects on the date added, then maybe you could restrict the number of emails sent by only sending to those added before a certain date?  :?:

PS.
just another thought...... if you wish to pick the ones you send to then how about using a custom field to mark these ones and then use user selection to send just those ones out..? I haven't tried this, its just a thought.
TrevorW

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 08:53:03 am »
If it selects on the date added, then maybe you could restrict the number of emails sent by only sending to those added before a certain date?

Yes, this is how the "Date added" option of User Selection works, and you're right this might be a good solution for Steve.
just another thought...... if you wish to pick the ones you send to then how about using a custom field to mark these ones and then use user selection to send just those ones out..? I haven't tried this, its just a thought.

This could work if only there was a way to easily set 100 users' custom field values in a "mass edit" fashion.  I suppose a simple PHP script could handle it.  Are you interested in such a script, Steve?  What it would do is randomly choose X number of users and, like Trevor suggeted, apply a value to a certain (not-used-yet) custom field.  That field could then be used in a User Selection search to select only those users.

I'd be willing to help out with this if you're interested.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting