Author Topic: Sending Error 354, Please help  (Read 4108 times)

quikboy

• View Profile
Sending Error 354, Please help
« on: July 28, 2006, 10:14:41 am »
Sometimes when i send the emails i get this error

Sending error. Check your mail settings.

Server said:
354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself

and then  i would have to resume, how can i fix that

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 04:57:47 pm »
Please enable the full SMTP log to get more details about the error.  Your host may be sending unexpected responses, which might be caused by reaching email limits and/or abnormal SMTP connection termination.  You might want to try reducing the value of "Reconnect every X emails" on the ListMail Configuration page.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

quikboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 02:11:26 pm »
I did set it to 500 emails per reconnect. It was working perfectly for like 1 to 2 days, then started to get error messages.

Now i got this message

This mailing appears to be in the process of sending and seems to be failing. It has responded within 1 minute (37 seconds ago).

You may continue to try

It like goives me error every 500 or 1000 emails it sends

and you said to post the logs, but when i download the logs theres nothing in there
LM_SMTP_2006-07-29_12-51-37.txt and theres nothing in there. Just blank

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 08:18:09 am »
Sorry about this possible bug with the SMTP log...  How are you enabling it?  Is it with the "Global" option on the Configuration page or with the "per-email" option on the Send Email page?
Dean Wiebe

quikboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 04:44:14 pm »
Hey. I found this to be weird strange, Its been a day and a half, and i didnt send no emails. all of sudden, with the same settings, i clicked on resume, after a day and a half, that i havent clicked the resume button, and not its sending emails, so far its been running for 2 days , with no errors yet

It sending at
Average speed: 3.32 per second. 11952 per hour

i dont want to go back to he configurations page, and see what global settings i have , like you asked for, cause im afraid. if i do that, i will start getting those errors. if i press on resume. So Ima let it run, and if i get an error, ill let you know

quikboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 09:50:45 pm »
Well it was too good to be true, i got a error some 250 error

Now. i dont kow what you mean by

How are you enabling it? Is it with the "Global" option on the Configuration page or with the "per-email" option on the Send Email page
?

How am i enabling what?? There is no global option on my main listmail config page,

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 02:39:35 pm »
The global SMTP debug option was added in v1.87.  Without this feature you can either enable the log on a per-email basis with the checkbox on the Send Email page (won't work when resuming) or by manually editing admin.php to enable it globally (will work when resuming) by changing the following line:
Code: [Select]
// $smtp_debug = '1';
to
Code: [Select]
$smtp_debug = '1';
If you upgrade to v1.87 and still have troubles please submit a bug report as there may be an improvement I can make to SMTP error reporting.

Regards
Dean Wiebe

quikboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 12:45:05 am »
i did the change you told me on admin.php. atleast now it posts the smt log sometimes. any way heres the log, what do you think is the problem?

> EHLO localhost
250-hhs2.MYSITE.com Hello localhost [127.0.0.1]
250-SIZE 987282
250-PIPELINING
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
250-STARTTLS
250 HELP
LM: SMTP Pipelining Detected
LM: AUTH LOGIN Detected
> AUTH LOGIN
334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
> aHlwbm90aWNwaW1wQHdvcmxkc3RhcmhpcGhvcC5jb20=
334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6
> MTIzNDU=
235 Authentication succeeded
> NOOP
250 OK
> MAIL FROM: <hypnoticpimp@gmail.com>
> RCPT TO: <stevesim@supanet.com>
250 OK
250 Accepted
> DATA
> SENT DATA
250 OK id=1GBREq-0000Zx-Ii
> RCPT TO: <stevesimmonds@breathe.com>
250 OK
250 Accepted
> DATA
> SENT DATA
250 OK id=1GBREq-0000Zx-R1
> RCPT TO: <stevesimmonds@btinternet.com>
250 OK
250 Accepted
> DATA
> SENT DATA
250 OK id=1GBREr-0000Zx-2s

BGSWebDesign

• View Profile
    • http://www.bgswebdesign.com
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 02:34:24 am »
Hi,

> RCPT TO: <stevesimmonds@clara.net>
> RCPT TO: <stevesimmonds@lineone.net>
> RCPT TO: <stevesimmonds@supanet.com>
> RCPT TO: <stevesimmons@breathe.com>
> RCPT TO: <stevesimmons@btinternet.com>
> RCPT TO: <stevesimmons@btopenworld.com>
> RCPT TO: <stevesimmons@clara.net>

I think you ARE sending SPAM!!!!  

That is NOT THE PURPOSE of using LMP...  go find a software program that does not crash... otherwise, quit sending spam - anyone up here doing that does not deserve ANY HELP AT ALL...
Thanks,
-Brett
http://www.bgswebdesign.com/Contact-Us.php

*** I do custom List Mail Pro installations ***
Contact me through my website (above)

mr.trevor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 09:04:17 am »
These must be test addresses.
Nobody is so stupid as to post on a forum actual addresses that they have sent SPAM to.
Be honest, is anyone that immature or so ridiculously stupid?
I wonder...    :shock:

...of course, if someone else were to send to these addresses and got a reply...... they could ask if they had been sent SPAM and could point the authorities in the right direction...     :wink:
TrevorW

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 02:07:03 am »
Trevor, you're a fair man but I think this is exactly as Brett suggests... The question is, how do I deal with such an issue... ?  I have no provisions for restricting support and not a license (although it would be pretty easy to delete the forum user)...  If I delete the entire account do I refund the client or do it without warning?  I think a TOS will need to be forced upon all members upon their next ogin and then I will be in a better position to restrict services... Until then all I can really do is provide "slower" support... :) DW
Dean Wiebe

mr.trevor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 08:34:33 am »
Hi DW, you are too kind and did not recognise my English humour with a touch of sarcasm in it maybe.
I agree wholeheartedly with Brett and your suggestion of TOS.
Personally I feel that it is not going far enough and hence the prompt in my previous second paragraph.
Restricting use of ListMail to legitimate users does nothing to tracking down the vermin that plague hyperspace in general and clog up the Internet with their millions of unwanted piles of trash.
A previous suggestion of mine to make compulsory double opt-in and confirmed mail was prompted by this ongoing problem.
I would like to see more effort in tracking these sources down, identifying and stopping the individuals concerned.
Take their money, by all (and any) means, don't even think of refunds.
Perhaps something could be included to make the source of trash mail inherently identifiable and traceable back to the software purchaser even, to force responsibility on the irresponsible few.
Me, a fair man? Not with these people, believe me.  :evil:
TrevorW

quikboy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 08:42:28 am »
Wow. If i get no support I would clearly like my refund. It aint fair. as there was no TOS Rules when i bought this. I am not using this to spam, . Why didnt you post rules when we bought this in first place. The point is, this is support area, not a bashing section, or giving opinions of what you think about a member. If your not attending to help, then dont post on my topic. point blank.

mr.trevor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 08:52:17 am »
Wow.. Your thread... sorry, I wouldn't want anything on your thread that you didn't ask for. That would be like SPAM, wouldn't it?  :wink:
TrevorW

BGSWebDesign

• View Profile
    • http://www.bgswebdesign.com
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 08:09:49 pm »
Hah hah,

It's funny to see how angry a SPAMMER can get when you find them out  :evil:  

Now - let me see - addressing a few issues here, I *think* I have an idea...

First regarding Trevor's wonderfully 'true' comments:
the vermin that plague hyperspace in general and clog up the Internet with their millions of unwanted piles of trash.

I couldn't put it better - spammers have cost my business considerably in the last 5-7 years, and especially in the last 2 years, getting rid o fthese vermin (think of mice, rats, locusts, or any other type of VERMIN), you need a good 'EXTERMINATOR'!!!!!

Here's a few answers from my 'exterminator dictionary':
1.)
I have no provisions for restricting support and not a license (although it would be pretty easy to delete the forum user)...

That sounds good - step one - DELETE THEM, remove their accounts from these forums.

We don't need any more 'VERMIN'  hanging around our forums, step one setup traps, get rid of as many as you can... reminds of when I had mice in the house, the best way to get rid of them - TRAP/KILL them off as fast as you can (and I'm an animal rights activist, I tried trapping and releasing in the wild, it didn't work), the faster you can get rid of them, and as MANY as you can get rid of - the better!

2.) If I delete the entire account do I refund the client or do it without warning?

Remove without warning - BYE BYE  :twisted:

3.) I think a TOS will need to be forced upon all members upon their next login and then I will be in a better position to restrict services... Until then all I can really do is provide "slower" support...

You've seen what my exterminator dictionary says above... here's a suggestion - BUILD IT IN TO LMP - how?  Like this, put it IN to the code in the mailer to LOOK for multiple SIMILAR SOUNDING Email addresses queued up all at once, just look above, it's obvious this is SPAM - ALL of the names are similar, one after the other, so have a check in LMP, if it sees this coming through - the program SHUTS OFF, and locks up, CAN NOT PROCESS, give a cryptic message, who cares... just shut them off....

Then, encrypt your PHP code so no one can get a hold of the source, this is long overdue, you can use something like Zend or Ioncube to do the encryption: all files are uploaded as binaries, the source I believe is encrypted using these methods?

That should solve it ....

:twisted: Out, OUT You Demons and Devils!!!!  :twisted:
Thanks,
-Brett
http://www.bgswebdesign.com/Contact-Us.php

*** I do custom List Mail Pro installations ***
Contact me through my website (above)