Author Topic: Sending Only 1 Email at a time????  (Read 2303 times)

don1

• View Profile
Sending Only 1 Email at a time????
« on: June 14, 2006, 09:14:25 am »
Dean,

My hosting company just updated all their servers and migrated my account to another server.  In doing so, I guess some parameter has changed that now only allows 1email to be sent out at a time.

My "Dailymail" cron-task was run but stopped after 1 email and every time I resume Dailymail, only 1 more email is sent.  Do you have any idea what I should change or be looking for that would cause such a problem :?:

Thanks for any help!

Don

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 12:44:10 pm »
Don,

Could you host have a one-email-per-connection limit on SMTP?  I recommend inquiring with your host about whether or not there is such a limit.  Have you tried enabling the SMTP log?  You should be able to get more information, possibly an error message, from that.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

don1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 08:40:21 am »
Could your host have a one-email-per-connection limit on SMTP?

Dean,

There is not a limit like you describe from my host.

I am getting this error now on my "test mail settings" in the Configuration Page.

[SMTP Server]
Is enabled?  Yes
Connecting to SMTP server.. Connected!
Sending test email to remote address.. Problem setting receiver to Remote Test Address
The SMTP server is not configured correctly. Check your settings.

What should I try to fix this?  

I am also currently rying to get some answers from my hosting company.

Thanks,

Don

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 03:54:15 pm »
Is bounce processing enabled?  If not, your "Administrator Email" is used as the "bounce address", which can cause problems on some hosts if it is not an existing account or at least an account on the same domain as ListMail is installed.  Furthermore, some hosts require that the "Send From Email" address actually exists or that it must be on the same domain as ListMail.

Regards
Dean Wiebe

don1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 04:45:23 pm »
Dean,

Bounce is NOT enabled but "Administrator Email" and "Bounce" email address are currently the same (I just changed the "Bounce to email address" after reading your reply).  The "Administrator Email" and "Bounce" email address actually exist and are on the same domain as ListMail.

By the way, this was the same answer that my hosting company support thought would fix the problem...but hasn't.

Any other ideas??

Thanks!

~Don

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 06:57:25 pm »
Don,

I recommend setting up a test list with a few remote addresses on it. Enable the SMTP log (bottom right of Send Email page) when sending and let me know if you see any error messages in the log.

Regards
Dean Wiebe

don1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 09:56:40 am »
I recommend setting up a test list with a few remote addresses on it. Enable the SMTP log (bottom right of Send Email page) when sending and let me know if you see any error messages in the log.

Dean,

I did what you said and sent a test email with SMTP log (bottom right of Send Email page) enabled.  I did not get an "SMTP log"...or at least I could not find it in my "attach folder".

What does this mean?

Thanks again for all your help!

~Don

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 05:50:19 pm »
Was there a message on the sending page?  It might have said "attach folder not writable, SMTP log disabled".  Are your attach folder permissions 777 as per the help page?

Regards
Dean Wiebe

don1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 06:13:23 pm »
Dean,

Thanks for your help ...again.  I ended up just reloading the files and resetting all of the "settings" in ListMailPro and on my host server...there was just too many weird problems happening.

During the migration (update) on my host server, the MySql had been corrupted and other setting just "seemed" to not work even though they were set correctly.  Once I reset everything...it's working again.

Thanks again!

~Don