Author Topic: Some Subscribers Getting Double Emails  (Read 1759 times)

jennifer

• View Profile
Some Subscribers Getting Double Emails
« on: July 19, 2005, 04:59:27 pm »
Hi Dean,
Since the last upgrade, some of my subscribers are complaining about getting double emails.  Everyone that complains is only subscribed once, and I cannot figure out why this might be happeneing.  Any clue?

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 02:09:12 pm »
The first thing you should do is replace your main ListMail files with the latest from the members area.

This type of problem is very rarely reported.  Sometimes it is a result of a misconfiguration at the web host with the PHP mail() function (always used to send welcome and confirmation messages).  It's really hard to say..

Another possibility is that you are using the confirmation process and your users are clicking the confirm button twice.

If you replace your files and keep getting reports and don't think it's caused by double-clicking a confirmation link, then you might want to talk to your host.  I could run some tests, too.  You can securely submit your server information here.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

jennifer

• View Profile
Host says email is fine
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 08:35:00 am »
Hi Dean,
I submitted my server info to you for tests, and talked to my web host.  They say the records show only one email to each recipient.  Any luck on your end?  I really need to fix this problem.  Thanks!

sue3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 02:24:16 am »
Hello Dean,

I'm getting reports of this problem too.  Some of my subscribers report up to 3 copies of the monthly newsletter and the follow up going out and yet they are only subscribed once.

I've used a fresh copy of listmail downloaded from the members area in April this year.

Any help appreciated.

Sue

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 05:30:46 am »
Are you sending your newsletters with the scheduler?  There may be a problem with the host 'refreshing' the dailymail page before a mailing is complete, resulting in conflicting operations.  We might look at your cron task to see if the command is entered correctly (the -T 0 paramater with wget can prevent refreshes on some servers).  Your host can disable "KeepAlive" in Apache and PHP to prevent this too, I believe.  This is a rare problem.  What control panel software do both of you use?  Maybe there's a link between the two cases.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting