Author Topic: Stops Sending  (Read 2036 times)

chufford

• View Profile
Stops Sending
« on: December 19, 2007, 02:27:07 pm »
I know there have been a number of posts about this, but nothing has helped my situation yet.

I recently moved from an old, slow dedicated server to a newer, faster one. On the old server, LMP would usually send all my emails without interruption. On my new server, it will always send between 1700 and 2100 messages and then stop- that is around 7-8 minutes. The web interface doesn't show any error message - it just stops updating the message count and the messages stop going out. I have set the "Reconnect Every" to 999 (as I had it on the old server. I turned on the SMTP logging feature and found nothing out of the ordinary at the end of the log. No error messages - just the same set of connect and success lines for every message in the log.

Since I am sending more messages than the reconnect setting (999), I don't think that is the problem. With no errors in the SMTP log, I don't know what else to try.

Thanks,
Chris

PS I do have the resume cron script hooked up running every 10 minutes, so the sending resumes automatically. I just know it could take less time if it didn't keep stopping.
Chris Hufford

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Stops Sending
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 12:49:33 am »
Chris,

I wonder if the resume script itself is causing the mailout to fail.  Try disabling the auto-resume script and sending a large/standard mailout.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

chufford

• View Profile
Stops Sending
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 12:22:43 pm »
I disabled the resume cron job and still have the same results. One additional data point is that it seemed to send more before stopping when the content of the email was smaller. I sent a text-only email and was able to send many more before it stopped. Now I am again sending a larger HTML email and it is stopping after about 1800 emails.

Any other ideas of what to check? Thanks.
Chris
Chris Hufford

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Stops Sending
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 03:25:12 am »
Yes, I recommend checking the web access_log or, better, the error_log to see if there are any errors returned by PHP or Apache.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting